Travel Insurance
Home » Travel Insurance


Travelling overseas is usually a fantastic experience, visiting places you haven't been before, trying new things, and basically just living life to the fullest. It can be a great break from the busy bustle of home life, whether it be work, or just the same old boring routine. As great as an OS trip is, there are unfortunately problems that arise from time to time. Some of them are only minor, such as losing a bag at the airport, but some are a lot lot worse.

Human tragedies associated with travel occur more often than you might expect with over 25,000 cases dealt by the Australian Government each year. These include up to 1000 deaths, and a further 1,200 hospitalisations. Hospital stays, medical evacuations and other costs involved with problems when travelling can cost big dollars, with daily hospital stays in Asia costing up to $1000. A week in a Vietnamese hospital could set you back $6000-8000. This is probably more than you have spent on your entire trip!

To protect against these financial burdens, travel insurance is a great option. Especially if you are going somewhere that is foreign to you, or for any decent length of time. Accidents happen, and if your holiday gets ruined by a tragic event, you don't want to make it worse by having to pay thousands of dollars for it!

For simple travel insurance, check out

When taking out an insurance policy, make sure you know exactly what your covered for. If you already have trauma insurance back home in Australia, this will cover your family in the event of your death. But to cover hospital stays, evacuations, and even the return of a deceased remains, you should take out travel insurance.

Be sure to read the fine print. If the Government has issued a 'Do Not Travel' warning to the place that you go, and something happens, your insurance policy will not cover this. Look at the terms and conditions and make sure you are protected for what you need.

If your travel is a business trip, then your airfares and accommodation may be tax deductible. Employers looking to claim on behalf of their workers should utilise payroll management services to ensure everything is done correctly. Don't get caught out like many of our politicians, claiming work related travel expenses for holidays and birthday parties!

If your travel is not actual a short break but rather a long one, and you're looking at moving locations for an extended period of time, you will need to pack up all your belongings and transport them. While a removalist van is good for shifting all your household goods, it is recommended to get your own boxes to use for storage. A packaging supplies company can provide you with boxes of all shapes and sizes, suitable for the varying items you have in the house. They will be sturdy and helpful, ensuring your move goes as smoothly as possible.